The departure of the first day is at 12:00 hours from the Sports Marina of the Port of Alicante, as well as the arrival of the last day is at 12:00 hours in the same port.
The program of practices will be:
1. Radar kinematic practices. To reach a ship in the shortest time possible. Pass within a certain distance of a ship.
2. Calculation of fuel, water, supplies and checklists to undertake an oceanic cruise.
3. Preparation of an oceanic defeat: Organization of defeat, preparation of cards. Handling of courses in English, gazetteer of maritime radio stations and the publications Sailing Directions, Notice to Mariners, List of Lights and fog signals and Pilots Charts. Abbreviations and symbols.
4. Use and management of the sextant. Observation of the height of a star: Particular case of the meridian. Recognition of stars. Calculation of the situation by height lines. Transfer of straight lines.
5. Practical use of radar in navigation.
6. Daytime and nighttime recalls. Recognition practice of lights, beacons and lights of other vessels.
7. Man-to-water search and collection exercises. Bad weather: Causing or running a storm. Choice of the safest defeat. Abandon ship exercise. Survival at sea. Knowledge and management of the life jacket. Knowledge and management of the liferaft and its equipment.
8. Compliance with the logbook.