Face-to-face and approved course on Survival Craft and Non-Fast Rescue Boats. It is taught in Can Pastilla (Mallorca).
What is the course for?
It serves to obtain a Certificate of Maritime Specialty granted by the General Directorate of the Merchant Marine (DGMM) and endorsed by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) belonging to the United Nations.
Said Certificate of Survival Craft and non-fast Rescue Boats is based on a teaching system common to most countries, called the Training Code Convention, established in an assembly and called STCW 95. In said Convention, the bases for impart regulations with an identical training system to all nations and to the schools that impart said teachings.
It is a mandatory certificate to obtain the Professional Pattern of Recreational Boats (PPER).
In addition, possession of the Certificate will be required from the following personnel:
- To the Captains and Deck and Engine Officers of passenger ships.
- To the Captains and Deck and Engine Officers of merchant ships with a gross tonnage greater than 75 GT.
- To the Captains and Deck Officers and Engines of fishing vessels greater than 20 meters in length.
- To the Sailors, Deck and Engine, of merchant ships that have assigned functions in the management of survival craft and rescue boats in the ships mentioned in the previous subsections.
This course and its certificate are taught and obtained in our School approved by the DGMM (General Directorate of the Merchant Marine).
The duration of said course will not be less than 24 hours, of which, at least, will consist of 12 hours of theoretical content and 12 hours of practical content.
Course access conditions:
- Be a Spanish citizen or have the nationality of a country of the European Community or a nation established by the United Nations.
- Be of legal age, 18 years old or 16 with parental permission.
- Possess the Basic Training certificate.
- Submit documentation to the Administration to request the issuance of the Certificate of Survival Vessels and non-fast Rescue Boats:
1) Complete a form on an application form for Specialty Certificates.
2) A photocopy of the DNI, valid passport or NIE.
3) Certified photocopy of the diploma of the course "Survival Vessels and non-fast Rescue Boats", regulated in the Order of September 4, 2002, and issued by a Center approved by the General Directorate of the Merchant Marine.
4) Make the payment of the corresponding fees.
- Note the possession of the Certificate in the 'Maritime Book' issued by the General Directorate of the Merchant Marine.
. The completion of the course is subject to the formation of a minimum group of students.
Thursday 04/21: from 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday 04/22: from 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Saturday 04/23: from 09:00 to 16:15.
Sunday 04/24: from 09:00 to 16:00.