Vancouver Island participates in this traditional regatta , the Presidential Trophy organized by the Real Club Astur de Regatas, held in coastal waters of Asturias. More than a technical regatta, it is a fraternization event and enjoy navigation.
Objective: Cruiser regatta. Sailing Timado. This activity is focused on learning, improving and / or improving sailing. During its realization we will learn to hoist and collect the sails in the safest way, trim them to favor the maximum wind and the different types of sailing that exist.
Lifting and collecting candles
• Location of each rope or sheet for its correct use.
• Prepare and clarify the lines before any maneuver.
• Lifting of the Major.
• Hoisting of Genoa.
• Furling operation.
• Collection of the Major.
• Collection of Genoa.
Trim of the candles
• Voting or lascar sheets in the safe way knowing the tension with which they work.
• Trim the sails in the best way depending on the navigation we are doing.
• Maneuver to uncover the boat to straighten and correct the list.
• Positioning of the crew on deck while sailing.
Types of sailing
• Navigation of close 40º-45º.
• Navigation to a 70º dismantling.
• Navigation through 90º.
• 110º long navigation.
• Fin 140º navigation.
• Stern navigation closed 180º.
• Maneuver other ships.
• Stop the start.