We will begin the journey in the port of Grao de Castellón, with a detailed review of the logistics for the forty-eight hours of navigation, including supplies. The weather forecasts will be examined and we will plan a route that allows us to sail for as long as possible within the practice requirements. It is about sailing in the greatest number of directions possible in the time available, not about covering sterile miles by motor. Based on such planning, the teams and task shifts will be organized to effectively meet our objectives.
The content of the program to be covered will be
- Port and anchor motor maneuvers.
- Sailing maneuvers. Hoist, lower, tack.
- Navigation in adverse conditions. The reduction of the rag.
- Adjustment of the sails depending on the course.
- Efficient steering and coordination with the trim.
- Sailing approach and anchoring maneuvers. The taking of buoy and the use of the auxiliary boat.
- Night navigation. Execution of maneuvers at night.
And all this carrying the wheel and the sails from the first day.