If you like to sail and want to govern a sailboat or motorboat of your property or rental, you need a nautical qualification appropriate for the type of boat that interests you.
In Sailwiz we have made a selection of the best nautical schools in Barcelona that can provide you with any of the official nautical qualifications.
What qualifications can I get at a nautical academy in Barcelona?
The nautical schools of Barcelona offer the following titles:
- Navigation license: enable to govern boats with a maximum length of 6 meters, and move away up to 2 miles from the coast. It is not necessary to pass an exam.
-Basic Navigation Pattern (PNB): Enable to govern boats with a maximum length of 8 meters, and you can get away from the coast up to 5 miles. It allows day and night navigation.
- Recreational Craft Pattern (PER): Enable to govern boats with a maximum length of 15 meters, and you can move up to 12 miles from the coast. It allows day and night navigation.
- Yacht Skipper: Enable to govern boats with a maximum length of 24 meters, and you can move up to 50 miles from the coast. It allows day and night navigation.
- Captain of Yacht: enables to govern ships with no length limit or distance limit of the coast. It allows day and night navigation.
What are the best-known ports in the city of Barcelona?
Barcelona is a city open to the sea and has several ports.
- Port Vell: it is located at the end of Las Ramblas, next to the Columbus monument. It is the oldest part of the Port of Barcelona and currently functions as a marina.
- Port Forum: it is located in Sant Adrià and is currently a small marina. It was built on the occasion of the celebration in the city of the Universal Forum of Cultures in 2004.
- Port Olimpic: it is the marina that is located in front of the Olympic Village. It was the venue for sailing competitions during the 1992 Olympic Games. Currently, it also functions as a place of tourism and leisure in Barcelona.
What areas can you sail in Barcelona?
Barcelona is a highly recommended place to go sailing. In addition to the city's ports, the Catalan coast is dotted with towns with a port from which you can make exits by sea.
If you prefer to navigate without leaving the city, you have the possibility to explore the beaches and urban ports, enjoying the unmistakable skyline of Barcelona.
So do not hesitate to take your course at the Nautical School of Barcelona, and soon go out to govern yourself a boat
We use owned and third party cookies to improve your browsing experience.
If you continue browsing we consider that you are accepting its use.