The Certificate of Basic Training in Maritime Safety is required of all those who want to exercise maritime professional functions to work on boats.
Particularly, if you have the title of Recreation Pattern (PER), Skipper or Yacht Skipper and you want to work in the nautical sector, you need to be in possession of this certificate as established by Royal Decree 238/2019.
The Certificate of Basic Training in Maritime Security is obtained after satisfactorily passing the course according to the International Training Agreement. This course has a duration of 70 hours, of which a minimum of 45 hours correspond to the theoretical content and 25 to the practical content.
The objectives of the course are:
- Learn to react to emergencies, reducing accident risks.
- Know how to handle any situation, regardless of the season or weather
- To suitably overcome emergency events (ship abandonment, fires ...), taking the most convenient measures in each circumstance.
- Become familiar with the different types of emergencies.
- Improve safety at work, first aid and communications.